For S.1-5, there are two examinations in the school year (First-term Examination and Second-term Examination) and for S.6, there is only one examination (Mock Examination). The examination marks compose 80% of the total mark whilst the coursework marks compose 20%. For S.1-5, the marks of the First-term Examination will compose 40% of the grand total marks whilst the marks of the Second-term Examination will compose 60%.
For S.1-5, there is one standardized test in each school term. For S6, there is one standardized test in the school year. The test marks are to be counted as part of the coursework mark but not all of the coursework mark.